Edinburgh Face Shield Project
All volunteer staff involved in the production of the Face Shields will wear Personal Protective Equipment.
- Factory : Tech Cube
- 3D Printing Production Room (masks, gloves, lab coats, hairnets and shoe covers)
- Assembly Production Room (masks, gloves, lab coats, hairnets and shoe covers)
- Hand washing/ PPE station
- Lounge (hairnets and shoe covers)
- manufacturing volunteers (masks, gloves, lab coats, hairnets and shoe covers)
- runners (as appropriate for location but remember to always change gloves going into the production room)
- delivery drivers (mask and gloves recommended)
- Single use, disposable, non-latex gloves are worn by all volunteers during the production of the Face Shields
- Gloves are worn at all times while in the production facility
- Non-latex gloves are disposed of properly in a dedicated bin
- Non-latex gloves are worn by all volunteer runners
- Single use, disposable masks will be worn by all volunteers in the production facilities
- Single use, disposable masks will be worn by all volunteers in the supply facilities
- All volunteers in the production facility will wear hairnets.
- All volunteers in the production room will wear lab coats. We wash them, or ask volunteers to:
- Take a lab coat home after their shift.
- Wash it at 60 deg C
- Put it in a clean bag.
- Bring it to their next shift.
- Lab coats will be removed outside the production facility.
- All volunteers in the production facility will wear single use disposable shoe covers.
- All volunteers will put on shoe covers before they enter the facility, and change them after leaving the production room.
- There will be dedicated disposal bins for single-use PPE outside the production room.
- There will be disposal bins in the hand washing area /PPE station
- All doors and handles to the production facility will be regularly disinfected throughout the day
- All access fobs will be regularly disinfected throughout the day.
- The manufacturing facility will be cleaned and disinfected at the end of every day.
- All staff will be properly trained in how to attire and remove PPE
- All staff will be properly trained in how to dispose of PPE
- All training will take place prior to volunteers becoming involved in production.
- All facilities will be inspected daily to ensure sufficient quantities of PPE are maintained.
- All facilities will be inspected daily to ensure PPE standards are being maintained.